Support and enforce the Nevada Executive Budget in accordance with the Governor’s Vision.
Making the State agencies successful.
Values: WE CARE
- Widespread understanding of fiscal best practices
- Ensure accountability
- Consistent application of State laws and regulations
- Advance ethical behaviors
- Respectful and courteous treatment for everyone
- Encourage Innovation and Efficiency
Creating of New Finance Office
The 2015 Legislature passed Assembly Bill 469 to create a new Finance Office within the Governor’s Office. The new office is comprised of the Budget Division and Internal Audits Division previously housed within the Department of Administration (DofA). Pulling fiscal services out of DofA and elevating this work to the Governor’s oversight level, enhances the capability to ensure fiscal soundness, prudence and efficiency for all state government agencies. The Governor's Finance Office was created effective July 1, 2015.